Thursday, January 6, 2011

Drake Passage Lives!

It lives up to it's name. At least to some extent. After a very rolly night and a recommendation from the expedition leader not to try and shower this morning we are steaming along through 8 meter swells in about 30 knots of wind. The swells are magnificent rolling dunes of blue blue water. The sun is shining through very high light cloud and we are all doing very interesting walks around the ship. The saying "one hand for the ship and one hand for you" is really true today.
I have been trying to video the movement of the ship but it is really hard to get the true impact specially when every time I try the swells slacken and then as soon as I switch off a great big roller comes through. You'll have to take my word that it is rough! Fun though.
We haven't been sick but have been on the drugs, specially me. The ship doctor walks round with a pocket full of tablets for anyone who asks.
The Captains farewell has just been cancelled and we just got a big wave breaking over our windows and we are just below the bridge!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment